Long Distance Hiking, by Dan Feldman, is a one-of-a-kind book about what it takes to enjoy and succeed at a backpacking trip of hundreds to thousands of miles. The book is a treasure chest of information pulled from the author’s own experiences from over 6,000 miles of trail travel. The book also includes real advice from hundreds of former thru-hikers and thoughtfully presents research from studies in the fields of physical science, wilderness medicine, and wildlife management.
All hikers, from casual day-trippers to wiley veteran long distance hikers will find helpful information for trip planning within the pages of Long Distance Hiking. Learn how to manage injuries, identify a resupply strategy, find water, put together a budget, choose the right gear, and lots more!
- A first-ever survey of over 200 Appalachian and Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers.
- 24 beautiful hand-drawn illustrations.
- Expertly-written chapters on trail diet, preventing and managing injury, gear, the elements, partners hiking, budgeting, and more.
- A index of over 150 common backpacking foods with detailed nutritional content.
- Worksheets for budgeting and planning food.
- Resupply shipping guide
Find Long Distance Hiking at your favorite bookseller!
Want a signed copy? Contact me